Sea, beach and dunes
Bredene has no fewer than 4 km of sandy beaches and dunes that form an unbroken whole. The zones in the dunes that are accessible to the public are popular spots for sunbathers.
The beach, with its ever-changing ebb and flow, is a dream playground for children, who can make their sand castles ride the rising waves or their kites perform the craziest antics.
And of course, swimming or romping around in the sea is the icing on the cake.
- Post 1 "Turkeyen": sanitary facilities, showers, boat storage and lifeguard room, Beachclub Twins, sale of soft drinks and snacks - 260 metres guarded area
- Post 2 "Het Duingat": main post, sanitary facilities, showers, boat storage and lifeguard room, sale of soft drinks and refreshments - 220 metres guarded area
- Post 3 "Astrid": sanitary facilities, shower on beach, boat storage and room for lifeguards, sale of soft drinks and snacks - 260 metres guarded area
- Post 4 "De Droogen Opgang": removable room for lifeguards - 230 metres guarded area + sanitary facilities in toilet van
- Post 6 "De Duinpan": sanitary facilities, showers, boat storage and room for lifeguards, sale of soft drinks and snacks - the 80 metre guarded zone has been extended to include the nudist beach
Bredene is the first and only coastal municipality to have a nude beach. Naturists have discovered a place for themselves here. Its location at the foot of a protected dune reserve guarantees a little privacy. The nudist zone does not constitute an obstacle for those who wish to stroll along the tide line clothed.
In the 4 beach clubs, spread over the 4 km long beach, you can enjoy the wonderful beach life. From the cosy wooden terraces of the Twins Club, you can watch the windsurfers, surfers, kiteboarders and cat-sailors at their breakneck speed. Lounging on the beach is also possible in the trendy beach houses at beach posts 2, 3 and 6. Come and enjoy a delicious cocktail or a refreshing pint with your feet in the sand. Until far after sunset, there is a cosy, exotic atmosphere on the tastefully decorated terraces. If you come for a weekend at the seaside outside the summer months, you can warm yourself with a hot chocolate or a spicy mulled wine.
spicy mulled wine.